Chakra bracelets are accessories designed to balance the seven chakras which are said to be energy centers used for centuries by Indian and Eastern cultures.
Each bead used in a chakra bracelet can be used as a worry bead, or serve as reminders to focus on healing. This sense of focus and distraction from distress is said to be useful to recovering alcoholics and smokers, as well as to people enduring pain from childbirth or chronic disease. Given the mental aspect of this application, this can be considered part of the meditative function of chakra bracelets.
Each chakra and its specific energy are represented by a different color and gemstone:
- Amethyst (purple) for Crown Chakra, representing enlightenment
- Iolite (dark blue) for Third Eye Chakra, representing intuition
- Blue topaz (light blue) for Throat Chakra, representing expression
- Peridot (green) for Heart Chakra, representing compassion
- Citrine (yellow) for Solar Plexus Chakra, representing strength
- Carnelian (orange) for Sacral Chakra, representing creativity
- Garnet (red) for Root Chakra, representing stability